Stuffed parathas are the healthy breakfast made with healthy stuffing and cook with Low fat oil or Ghee. Recipe of Matar Paneer parathas that I’m sharing today is a very famous protein rich breakfast specially in North India. Combining together boiled peas and paneer/cheese, adding spices likes salt, coriander powder, garam masala powder, Asafoetida enhances it’s taste.
Matar Paneer Paratha is a rich source of proteins and liked by kids a lot. My daughters just love this snack in their snack box and are never bored of this one. It is a good option for Kids tiffin box too.
Matar Paneer ParathaCourse: Dinner, BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
A healthy breakfast and a very good option for kids tiffin Matar paneer paratha is made by combining together boiled peas and paneer/cheese, adding spices likes salt, coriander powder, garam masala powder, Asafoetida enhances its taste.
200 grams Boiled peas (मटर)
200 grams cheese (पनीर)
2 Tsp Refined oil/ Ghee
Refined oil/ Ghee For Cooking Parathas
1 TSP carom seeds/Ajwain
1 TSP cumin seeds /jeera
1 TSP Haldi/Turmeric powder
2 TSP coriander powder
1 TSP chilli powder
1 TSP Garam masala
1 slice Grated Ginger
salt as per your taste
- Take 200 Grams boiled peas and add 200 grams grated paneer to it. Mesh it and mix them well.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add 2 Tsp oil, once its hot add carom seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric to it. Keep the flame low-medium.
- Mix together, add Peas & Cheese Mixture to it . Add salt as per your taste, garam masala, coriander powder, Chilli powder. Stir them well till side starts separating oil. Switch OFF the Flame and let it cool down
- Take the Wheat dough ball, dip it in flour and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Add Peas & Cheese Stuffing to it, close the ball by pressing the stuffing down and rolling it altogether.
- Dip the stuffed ball in flour and start to flatten it with a rolling pin.
- On a hot griddle, sprinkle some oil and put this paratha on it. Flip it once you see bubbles and then sprinkle some oil on it and cook the paratha.
- Paratha is ready to be served with Butter or Rajma Daal or Curd according to your choice.
- Matar Paneer paratha tastes good when served with Butter, Rajma dal or curd