Every time after playing my kids asks something to eat. And since they need more energy, I prefer giving them healthy snacks. And Chana Dal is one of that healthy snack as it is high in proteins.
It doesn’t need much ingredients, Can be made easily and stored for a month in an airtight container. Adding Onion, Tomatoes and lemon to it enhances its taste and make it a perfect Bhel for evening snack.
Chatpati Chana Dal Namkeen RecipeCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Fried Chana dal is the best snack for kids. High in proteins and easily satisfy their hunger.
2 Cups Chana Dal
Oil to Fry
Black Salt and Pepper as per your taste
- Wash Chana Daal and soak overnight. ( Can add 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda ).
- After soaking overnight quantity of dal increases. Drain extra water and put it on a dry towel and wipe it.
- In hot oil add soaked and dry chana dal and fry it, till the color changes to golden brown. Take it out at a tissue to remove excessive oil.
- Once it cools down add black salt and pepper to it.
- You can add Onion, Tomatoes and Lemon to make it a Bhel. A perfect evening snack.