Here I am again with you all sharing very tempting and easy-to-prepare recipe of Eggless Plum Cake which is prepared specially around Christmas and New Year. Plum cake refers to a wide range of cakes made with either dried fruit (such as currants, raisins, or prunes) or with fresh fruit.
With a high content of antioxidants, plums can improve the overall heart health, aid the digestive system, boosts the immune system and reduce the risks of diabetes. So, when you bake a cake with such a beneficial fruit, you can actually say that you have baked a healthy dessert for your near and dear ones!
Eggless Plum Cake Recipe | Rich Christmas CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: English, AmericanDifficulty: Medium
- Soaking of Dried Fruits, Nuts N Berries
2 Tsps. Each of – Figs, cherries, Dried fruits, dried Ginger Red & Green Tutti Fruitti
2 Tsps. Each of – Chopped Almonds, Chopped Cashews, Chopped Walnuts, Raisins, Black Raisins
- Cake Preparation
150 gms Brown Sugar
150 gms Unsalted Butter
3/4 cup Curd
1.5 cups all-purpose refined Flour
2 Tsp spice mix
¼ tsp salt
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
3/4 – 1 Cup Milk (add gradually)
Orange and Lemon Zest
- Spice Mix –
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
¼ tsp nutmeg powder
3 pods Cardamom
1/2 Tsp ginger powder
- Soaking of Nuts N Berries
To make the rich fruitcake, the first step involves chopping up the dried fruits. Take 2 Tsp Each of – Figs, cherries, Dried fruits, dried Ginger Red & Green Tutti Fruity
Dried Fruits 2 Tsp Each of – Chopped Almonds, Chopped Cashews, Chopped Walnuts, Raisins, Black Raisins
Soak all the above ingredient in the fresh juice squeezed from 2 oranges and keep them overnight in an airtight container
- For Spice Mix
In a bowl add these ingredients ( 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, ¼ tsp nutmeg powder, 5 cloves, 3 pods Cardamom, 1/2 Tsp ginger powder ) and grind them in grinder.
- For Making Cake – Take a bowl and sift the following Ingredients
Dry Ingredients – 1.5 cups all-purpose refined Flour , 2 Tsp spice mix , ¼ tsp salt, 1 Tsp Baking Powder, 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
Wet Ingredients – Take a Bowl and add 150 gms Brown Sugar 150 gms Unsalted Butter 3/4 cup Curd and whisk them altogether. Butter must be soft. Add all dry ingredients to it.
- Add 3/4 to 1 cup milk gradually to the mixture. Add vanilla essence, orange and lemon zest to it.
- Shake and open the bottle of soaked Nuts N Berries, Drain excessive Juice and add all the soaked Fruits in Cake. Fold gently and transfer to the greased baking Tin
- For Baking – Bake at 170 Degrees for 1 Hour 15 Minutes. Cut and serve cake once it cools down.
- 1. Butter Must be soft
- 2. Soaking of Nuts n Berries can be done in Juices Like Orange, Apple, Grapes Juice
- 3. Soaking in Alcohol – Rum, Brandy