Besan sev Recipe is very easy homemade snack, that is made from Besan/ Gram Flour/ Chickpea Flour by adding Spices, oil and water in it. It is a Healthy Namkeen Recipe too, and we can add in our daily breakfast to enhance its taste as well.
It is also a healthy option for kids, as they like to munch it at any time.
Homemade Besan Sev RecipeCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Besan Sev is a very healthy snack made from gram flour that is rich in proteins. I’m sharing the traditional recipe using only gram flour and spices and frying them in hot oil making it a crispy snack.
1 Cup/200 Grams Gram Flour (Besan)
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Black Salt
1/2 Tsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
1 Tsp Red Chilli powder
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
2 Tsp Oil, water
Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, add Gram Flour and all the spices mentioned above in ingredient box.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup water to make a thick dough.
- Add 1 Tsp oil and combine them together.
- Now grease the sev machine with little oil and add besan dough in it.
- In hot oil slowly move the sev machine in circular motion along with moving the handle. Strands will start falling in hot oil. Fry them until it becomes crisp and light brown.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough. Let it cool down at room temperatures and break them in pieces.
- It is a healthy snack for kids. Also you can add this sev over poha, chaat, panipuri, tikki to enhance its taste.