I’m going to share a very tempting and aromatic winter special dessert, that is loved by all and specially made in every winter’s weddings in North India. Normally Gajar Halwa Takes approximately 2 Hours of cooking time. But in this video I’m making Instant Gajar Halwa using Khoya/Mawa which will cut time to only 45 mins.
I love making it in winters because of the quality of carrots that I get in North India during winter season is really good. Also it has all the healthy ingredients like carrots, khoya (made of milk ), ghee that makes it a very healthy dessert too.
Instant Gajar ka Halwa RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Gajar ka halwa is a dessert made from carrots, milk, sugar and desighee. All the rich ingredients make it a perfect dessert for winters like India. Almost loved by people of all ages
2 Kgs Grated Carrots (गाजर)
750 Grams Grams Khoya/Mawa (मावा)
1/2 Cup + 1/2 Cup = 200 ml Milk
250 Grams Sugar
3 Tbsps. Desi Ghee
Chopped Cashews, Almonds
- Grate the 2kgs of carrots with hand grater or food processor.
- Add these grated carrots in a pressure cooker and add 1/2 cup Milk in it. Close the lid and keep the cooker in low flame. After 10 minutes when the cooker is close to whistle, close the flame. Keep cooker aside until the gas in cooker subsidies.
- On the other hand add 750 grams of khoya on a heavy bottom pan. Add 1/2 cup Milk to moist the khoya. and start roasting it till the color changes to light brown. Khoya will expand first releasing all milk in it after that it starts combining together and color starts changing.
- Now open the pressure cooker and add 250 grams sugar in and keep at low flame, as the sugar will start releasing water it will cook the partially cooked carrots completely
- Now at this point add these carrots in it in khoya and start roasting it till khoya and carrots combine together.
- When it is almost combined, add 3 Tbsps. Ghee in it . for bhunai (roasting ), that gives it a perfect taste. After 10 minutes of roasting the halwa will start releasing oil from the sides. At this points add dry fruits in it.
- Serve hot. And keep the remaining in airtight container in refrigerator. For having it again, Take halwa in a microwave bowl and microwave it for 1 minutes. It tastes good when served hot.
- Serve it hot for better taste.