Moong Dal Halwa is the much liked halwa by North Indians and they can be easily find in the restaurants all the year round.
This Moong Dal Halwa Recipe is specially for those who likes less Ghee and less sugar Desserts. It can be easily made at home just by 3 Ingredients that are easily available at everyone’s house.
So let’s start with this tasty and healthy Moong Dal Halwa Recipe.
Moong Dal Halwa Recipe with Less Sugar and Less GheeCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Moong Dal Halwa is a sweet Indian dessert made with Moong Dal, Ghee and Sugar. Moong Dal and Ghee are the healthy ingredients. And this dessert is served all the year round
1 Cup/200 Grams Moong Dal
150 Grams Sugar
100 Grams Desi ghee
200 Grams Water
Chopped Almonds, cashews and pista
- Wash and soak Moong dal for 4-5 hours. The quantity of dal increases after soaking.
- Drain the water and rinse dal once again. Grind the dal coarsely in a grinder.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add 100 Grams ghee and let it melt completely. Now add the grinded Moong dal to it, and start roasting it at a low flame, until the color changes and it has a good aroma in it.
- Texture of halwa keeps on changing , firstly the halwa is pasty, then starts getting lumpy and then breaks down and getting releasing oil from the sides.
- On the other side make sugar syrup by adding 150 Grams Sugar and 200 Grams water in it. Add Cardamom in the syrup.
- Add this syrup in the Roasted Pureed dal, and keep on stiring until they mix well. Add Cashews and Almonds to it.